All of our cakes are available as loaves (baked in a 2lb loaf tin) or round (baked in 24cm tin). Loaves cut into 8-10 slices; round cakes are slightly larger and cut into 10-12 slices. (Although the number of slices entirely depends upon your appetite!)
We have a range of regular cakes, biscuits and scones, and an ever changing selection of “specials” that take advantage of seasonal produce.
- Spiced Pumpkin cake – made with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves and homemade pumpkin puree, topped with a whipped maple syrup, cream cheese and butter icing and toasted walnuts. The prefect Autumn cake.
- Banoffee Cake – a banana sponge cake split in half and filled with toffee sauce and fresh bananas and topped with a vanilla whipped butter and cream cheese icing.
- Pear & Chocolate cake – a lightly spiced sponge studded with nuggets or pear and chocolate chips, topped with glazed pear slices.
- Honey & Oat – a warming cake for an autumn day, heavy with honey and topped with a cinnamon flavoured whipped butter and cream cheese icing.
- Autumn Muffins – we’re constantly experimenting with our muffin flavours, our current favourites are “Pear & Ginger”, “Spiced Pumpkin with Walnuts and Currants” and “Apple, Date & Walnut”.
- Chocolate & Porter Beer (with Lausitzer Porter) – a rich, dark, moist chocolate cake topped with a cream-cheese icing.
- Lemon Drizzle – a moist tangy lemon cake, my personal favourite (available plain or with Sultanas or Poppyseeds) *now available as a summer special with added Blueberries
- Lavender & Grapefruit Drizzle – baked with dried lavender flowers and moistened with a grapefruit syrup
- Carrot & Orange – a wholemeal carrot cake with a honey and orange syrup, topped with an orange and cream cheese icing.
- Orange, Almond & Polenta – moist and dense with a toasted almond topping; perfect for afternoon tea (or coffee)
- Dark Chocolate Brownies with a touch of orange and mixed nuts (hazelnuts, almonds & walnuts) *also available wheat-free (made with ground almonds)
- White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Blondies – for those of you with a seriously sweet tooth!
- Granola Bars – made with oats, seeds, dried fruits and nuts and honey; a great start to the day
- Lemon Bars – tangy lemon slices with a shortbread base
- Raspberry and Coconut Bars – slices of coconutty goodness with raspberry jam
- Millionaire’s Shortbread – Shortbread topped with a thick layer of toffee and dark chocolate, the ultimate luxury shortbread.
Biscuits, scones and small cakes
- Scones – ideal for a traditional english afternoon tea, plain or with sultanas & cinnamon
- Scottish Shortbread – served in a traditional 18cm round, 12 triangular slices
- Shortbread biscuits – in standard or mini sized, available in plain, lemon or chocolate & ginger
- Gingernut Biscuits – spicy, crunchy biscuits with a hint of hotness
- Lemon Butterfly cakes – a lemon fairy cake with a mascarpone cream and homemade lemoncurd topping
- Rosewater sponges – beautiful, delicate sponge cakes, topped with a lemon-rose glaze and rose petals
- Lavender & Honey cakes – lightly spiced individual cakes, available in both “fairy cake” and “cup cake” sizes
- Savoury Cheese Scones – made with english cheddar, a perfect accompaniment to soup, or in a mini version for a buffet
Home baked crunchy granola, sweetened naturally with honey and apple puree. Available in:
- Plain (just the basics – Oats, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Linseed, Sesame seeds and Poppyseeds)
- Banana, Toasted Hazelnut and Dark Chocolate Chip
- Apple, Cranberry and Cinnamon
- Apricot and Almond
- or ask for your own combination!